The Boonah War Memorial is a major regional war memorial and was unveiled on 31 July 1920 by the Prince of Wales. who was visiting with Mrs G A Bell of nearby Coochin Coochin Station (whose three sons served in the First World War). The marble and granite memorial was designed and executed by F Williams and Company and honours the 374 local men who served during the First World War, including the 69 dead.
On 19 May 1920,the foundation stone for the memorial was laid by General Sir W Birdwood. The monument was erected at a cost of £600. The specifically designed memorial park was opened on Anzac Day in 1922.
The digger statue on the Boonah Memorial is represented in the casua stance synonymous with Williams diggers