2010/2011 Round 2 - Successful Grant Recipients
Council approved a total of $37,531 as follows:
- Sue Swinburne (Concept Development) $ 3,705 - Being mentored to devise and produce a comprehensive business plan to enable a transmedia project to progress to implementation stage.
- Scenic Rim Heritage Network (Regional Partnerships) $780 - Members of the Scenic Rim Heritage Network to visit museums in the Gold Coast for professional development.
- Melinda Collie-Holmes (Concept Development) $6,550 –The development of a childrens’ arts festival to be held on Mount Tamborine.
- David Forbes (Cultural Tourism) $10,000 - Creating a series of wall-hanging light boxes of abstract imagery derived from aerial photographs of the Scenic Rim. Artworks will be exhibited in the Scenic Rim and complimented public programs for schools and broader community
- Joy Drescher (Contemporary Collections/Stories) $1,200 - The cost of typing, collating, editing of poems, typesetting & photography.
- John McGhee (Building Community Cultural Capacity) $3,600 - A project offering intense skills development to emerging artists in ancient arts such as blacksmithing, sculpture in stone, leather whip making & tinsmithing.
- Goat Track Theatre Company Inc (Concept Development) $11,696 - The creation of a new five actor play based on the earlier/larger work of Crash. This new theatre work for young people to tour Scenic Rim and regional Qld later in the year.