2010/11 ROUND 1 Successful Grant Recipients
Council approved a total of $36,553 as follows:
- The Ethos Foundation (Regional Partnerships) $8,810 - An arts & ecology project from the heart of the living landscapes and communities of the Scenic Rim. Workshops/residencies will contribute to the creation of a community art exhibition and publication about the landscapes, geology, indigenous history and people of the Scenic Rim Region.
- Kombumerri Aboriginal Corporation for Culture (Cultural Tourism) $4,400 - Project to gather appropriate versions of bunyip stories from a number of elders of the region, in the presence of an artist, who with permission will represent his/her interpretation of these stories in an art form, to be presented at the Art in the Olives Festival.
- Beaudesert Potters Inc (Building Community Cultural Capacity) $3,332 - Conduct a series of workshops to develop skills for the design and creation of mural using clay.
- Beaudesert & District Community Arts Projects (Building Community Cultural Capacity) $3,850 - A series of workshops to bring back some of the forgotten art forms, including blacksmithing, stone carving, chair making, knitting, crocheting and more.
- Scenic Rim Regional Council (Building Community Cultural Capacity) $4,230 - The engagement of professional artists to facilitate two workshops for families and young people from the Scenic Rim. Workshops will be circus skills and the art of taking a photograph to tell a story.
- Boonah Organisation for a Sustainable Shire (Building Community Cultural Capacity) $5,710 - The coordinated creative community workshop program Environmental Arts delivered by professional artists, and focussing on using natural resources and recycling and reusing items which may normally go to landfill.
- Elise Greig (Concept Development) $6,221 - A two week creative development workshop, in partnership with Goat Track Theatre Company that will develop the concept of Hopelessly Devoted, a quality new theatre work.